Frequently Asked Questions
Carradales – We are COVID prepared
Our number one priority is the well-being, health and safety of our guests.
In order to secure just that, we have set-up procedures, plans and routines in place, so that all of our guests can feel safe when staying here. If you have any questions, just ask!
- We follow the guidelines and recommendations of the local authority.
- You will be expected to wear a face covering when you first enter the premises and the dining room before you take your seat.
- You will be expected to wear a covering if you need to get up to move around the premises, for example to use to the bathroom.
- Increased focus on hand hygiene
- Increased cleaning and hygiene protocols
- Regular disinfection of exposed surfaces such as door handles, card terminals with anti-bacterial liquids
- Disinfectant dispensers in public areas and guest rooms.
- Vacuum Cleaners: We will replace the dust bags every four days, regardless whether they are full or not.
- Guest rooms will only be cleaned in exceptional circumstances and not until after departure with consent of guests. Each time a room is cleaned we will ensure that it is properly ventilated.
- Frequently touched areas: will be disinfected regularly e.g. remote control, handles, toilet seat/flusher, shower controls, kettle, light switches, hair dryer, and bins.
- Bed Linen & Towels: Linen will be handled with extreme care to prevent raising dust and potential contamination; Used linen will be washed at a minimum of 70°C for at least 25 mins.
- Soft furnishings with be steam cleaned periodically.
- 72 hours between guests occupying a room where possible.
- Communal areas will be cleaned every 2 hours
- Meals will be staggered to observe social distancing.
- There are no buffet style meals and all meals will be ordered in advance and served at your table. Condiments are sanitised.
- Food Safety:We will continue to observe the strictest good hygiene practices across all areas of the guest house.
- Payments will be taken using cards where possible.
Security precautions that anyone can take to protect themselves and others from COVID-19
- Frequent hand washing
- Have hand disinfection ready
- Avoid unnecessary hand contact
- Avoid touching eyes, mouth and nose
- Cover the mouth with the elbow when coughing and sneezing
- Keep at least two meters away from other guests.
- We request that guests recognise the importance of the local community and respect social distance and good hygiene practice in all contacts and activities, both inside and outside the guest house.
This information is valid until further notice and may be updated.
Enjoy your stay in safety!
Do you have guest parking?
Guest parking is provided at the back of the house off the main road.
What time is Check In / Check Out?
Check in time 3.30pm to 4.00pm unless prior arrangement. Check out time 9.30am to 10am unless prior arrangement. Guests are welcome to leave luggage for collection later in the day.
Are you child friendly?
Under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 No person under the age of 18 are permitted on the premises
Are you gay friendly?
Carradales welcomes everyone.
Where can I get an evening meal?
Steve our professional Chef will happily create a 2 course evening meal at additional charge. A menu is available daily. Please tell us of any special dietary requirements on booking.
We are also fortunate to be within walking distance of a restaurant.
Can I pay by credit card?
Yes Credit Cards & Debit Cards accepted (there may be a small handling fee depending on type of card used).
Thank you for choosing to book with us, we hope you will enjoy your stay. The following terms and conditions apply to your booking. They form the terms of a legally binding contract between us and you.
A deposit is required at the time of booking, to be paid by credit/debit card or cheque. If you book more than seven days before arrival, the non-refundable deposit will be 25% of the cost of your booking. If you book seven days or less before arrival you will be required to pay the full amount due for the whole of your stay.
Confirmation of Booking
Your booking will be completed when we acknowledge receipt of your booking request and deposit. Prior to that the booking will only be regarded as provisional.
We accept payment by credit or debit card. Payments in cash on departure accepted. No cheques will be accepted on departure. Payment for any outstanding balance for the cost of your stay and any extras incurred will be payable on departure. Please note we do not accept American Express.
Cancellation by you
If you cancel seven days or less before arrival, or fail to check in (“no-show”), or leave before your due departure date, we reserve the right to charge you for the full balance due for the whole of your booking, less any costs not incurred by us as a result of your cancellation. In agreeing to our terms and conditions, you authorise us to charge this amount to the credit/debit card used to secure the booking. It is recommended that you take out travel insurance which provides for cancellation cover.
Cancellation by us
In the unlikely event that we are forced to cancel your booking, due to circumstances beyond our control, we will attempt to offer you alternative accommodation. If suitable accommodation is not available (or unacceptable to you) then we will refund all monies already paid by you and confirm that you will not be liable for any further payments to us. In any circumstances where you are entitled to compensation, the limit of our liability to you arising from our breach of contract will be up to a maximum of twice the cost of your booking.
Arrival and Departure
You will be able to check in between the hours of 3.30pm and 9pm. We would ask you to phone in advance to advise of an estimated time of arrival. Arrivals after 9pm are by prior arrangement only. If prior arrangements have not been made, and you do not arrive by 9pm, we are entitled to treat it as a “no-show”. Your booking will be cancelled and we have the right to re-let your room. We request that you vacate your room by 1030 am on the day of departure.
Damage and Breakage
We are sure that you will take care whilst you stay with us, and we acknowledge that accidents sometimes happen. We do however reserve the right to charge for any damage or breakages which we consider to be deliberately or recklessly caused, for any items discovered missing after you depart or for the cost of the room for any time period for which it is considered un-usable due to damage. In agreeing to our terms and conditions, you authorise us to charge this amount to the debit/ credit card used to secure the booking. If you paid your deposit by cheque, you will receive an invoice for the charges to be settled on departure. If the damage/breakages are discovered after you depart, you will be notified of any charges in writing as soon as is reasonably practicable, to be settled by return of post.
We are a No Smoking establishment. If we find that guests have been smoking in the room, or anywhere on the premises, then we reserve the right to ask you to leave immediately. You will remain liable for the whole of the cost of your stay. Whether or not you are asked to leave, we also reserve the right to charge a sum equivalent to one night’s stay if we are unable to re-let the room for 24 hours whilst it is fully aired. In agreeing to our terms and conditions, you authorise us to charge this amount to the debit/ credit card used to secure the booking. If you paid your deposit by cheque, you will receive an invoice for the charges to be settled on departure. If evidence of smoking is discovered after you depart, you will be notified of any charges in writing as soon as is reasonably practicable, to be settled by return of post.
As much as we love dogs, unfortunately, we do not accept pets.
We do not accept any liability for damage to your property or injury to you (or other members of your party) whilst on our premises unless caused by the negligence of us, or our employees. Cars left in our car park are parked at your own risk. “Carradales” is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites.
Any data collected as a result of your booking will be stored in accordance with the provisions of current Data Protection legislation.
Any dispute between us will be governed by the non-exclusive law of the Scottish Courts.