CARRADALES – TAKE YOUR TIME
News March 10, 2020
Take a moment of calm in a hectic world and connect with nature and local people.
You can do this in a variety of ways, but the main idea is to slow down and allow yourself the space and time to properly rejuvenate – to fully experience the journey, rather than simply getting from A to B.
In short, it’s about getting to know a corner of the country and making a connection with its people, food, culture and natural environment, all from Kintyre’s Only 5 Star VisitScotland Guest House.
Here are some wonderful things to do at your own pace:
1. Cycle the scenic Caledonia Way
2. Walk a section of The Kintyre Way
3. Play Golf at Carradale Golf Course, with stunning views across the Kilbrannan Sound to Arran, Ailsa Craig and to Ayrshire, our 9- hole golf course has something for every ability. Or one of the many other renowned Golf courses in Kintyre.
4. Discover the Kintyre66, a route less travelled, equally as beautiful and much less crowded than the NC500.
5. Explore the magnificent beach of Carradale Bay and the hidden bays along Kintyre’s secret coast this year of the Year of Coasts and Waters 2020.
6. Discover Saddell Castle and it’s bay made famous by Paul McCartney and the Mull of Kintyre music video.
7. Marvel at the famous Anthony Gormley Sculpture standing alone and staring out to sea.
8. Experience wonderful local seafood at Skipness Cabin in the beautiful backdrop of Skipness Castle.
9. Enjoy a relaxing local Kintyre Gin at it’s distillery in the back drop of Torrisdale Castle.
10. Enjoy a wee dram of Springbank, Glen Scotia or Glengyle whisky from Campbeltown, once the whisky capital of the world.
11. Picnic whilst enjoying the beauty and nature of one of the many forest and coastal walks